A Fish Hoek Preschool, educating over 100 Children whose parents cannot afford schooling.
God’s Little Lighthouse was established in 1988. It has been running on donations, helps teams and prayer since inception.
After returning from a two year period with Youth with a Mission, where we were privileged to spend time with and share the love of Jesus with hundreds of under-privileged children, many of whom did not have access to formal schooling, we became aware of the fact that many parents could not afford to send their children to pre-school or any form of care facility. This need gripped our hearts and, as they say in the classics, “the rest is history”.
Most of the children in our school (of now 100 children) are from very poor homes, and the families pay what they can afford. We feel the financial pressures at times and things get ‘scary’ but God, who is so faithful always comes through.
Our needs are endless, but we serve an amazing God who always meets our needs, in His time.
For more information, contact Pam Keightly, 0793899859.
You can support this ministry through the following means:
- Financial support for children that cannot afford school fees
- Building maintenance
Please speak to Pam if you can help in any of the following areas:
- Photocopy paper
- New puzzles (wooden peg ones for baby class. 4, 5, 6 and 8 piece wooden puzzles for 3 year olds. 12 – 48 piece puzzles for the older classes.
- Children’s mattresses need replacing plus material to cover the mattresses
- Barbie Dolls. If Barbie dolls are so last year for your daughter, why not donate them to God’s Little Lighthouse and bless a little girl who has never had a Barbie.
- Grade R Outing to the Planetarium. Sponsorship or donations for transport and tickets
- Any little bit will go a very long way